Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 6 thru December 14


Saturday, December 6th ~ Hank, Cameron, Kambrie and I loaded up in the truck to go get us a Christmas tree. It was a beautiful day, not too much snow and the sun was shining. We had fun trying to find two good trees and bringing them home. We stopped out on one of the turn outs that look over the valley and had a little picnic then headed home. Hank had to cut the tree about three times before it was the right height. We set the trees up and then had to get ready to go to Hank's Brewster Company Christmas party. It was held at the Rupert Elks, we had a good time. The food was good, the kids received nice gifts, and we learned that Twark could actually kind of dance. LOL!! Kambrie of course was out there dancing the whole time. When we got home the kids were still going a hundred miles an hour and wanted to decorate the trees so we (or should I say they) decorated the trees. They did a good job of decorating both trees, I have one in the piano room and one in the dining room. Cameron has really been in the Christmas decorating spirit this year, which I appreciate. However, he will learn it not all that fun to clean up. LOL!! ;)

Sunday, December 7th ~ Today we went to church where Kambrie was greeted by Sister Sunshine. After church we decided due to the busy week ahead we would just have a family party for Kambrie's Birthday. We enjoyed each others company and singing happy birthday to Kambrie. Can't believe she is 12 years old.
Monday, December 8th ~ Went to work as usual, sent my little girl flowers for her 12th birthday. After work I went to mothers classroom to get pics for my presentation that was due on Tuesday. I picked Kambrie up from school, went to tumbling, and voice lessons then treated her to her favorite dinner at Dairy Queen. She loves their shrimp basket. When we got home she had a couple friends (Macy & Sidney) over to play for a little while. I spent most of the evening getting my presentation ready for Tuesday.

Tuesday, December 9th ~ I went to work today and my computer gave me fits!!!! I could not get anything to work, finally the stupid thing started to move. I didn't think I was going to get my payroll done and I certainly didn't need anymore stress than my presentation was going to give me today. I went to class in Poky and gave my presentation all went well. HOORAY!! I also found out I passed 2 of my tests I had taken. I think Tuesday night I came home and went to bed. Still kinda foggy about it.

Wednesday, December 10th ~ Work was better today had a ton of payables to key on. After work I beat it home to finish up my other assignment for my Health class. Finished it up around six I think. Both of the kids went to mutual tonight, so it was just Hank and I. BORING!!! He watched t.v. while I worked on Christmas calendars on the computer.

Thursday, December 11th ~ I still had a gigantic pile of payables to key on today, finally found the bottom of the pile. I went up to watch a few of the wrestling matches this evening. I think that was about it.

Friday, December 12th ~ Work is always good on Friday, TGIF!!! Only four short hours away from doing nothing. :) Hank had his Black Hills party tonight, it was fun and the food was GREAT! We ate at the Garden Cafe, the steak was sooooooo good.
Saturday, December 13th ~ Today was a busy day. We went up to watch the wrestling matches, which is not as fun since Cameron is not wrestling yet due to a shoulder injury. But then again, it is still fun to watch the other boys on his team. After the wrestling matches we beat it home to get the house cleaned up for dinner tonight. We are having Grandpa Dan, Grandma Murphy, Levi's family, and Tucker's family over for dinner since we have a hard time getting together with them over Thanksgiving and Christmas. We usually have a dinner somewhere in between. Dinner was good and the kids had fun playing. We even had a visitor show up to see Ethan and Brylie. After everyone had left we kicked back for a little while, I think about 11:30 Mom and Grandma Joyce showed up to try some of our leftovers. I finally went to bed around 1, I think.

Sunday, December 14th ~ Today has been pretty lazy. We went to church, Kambrie has moved into Young Womens and excited to be moving on. I came home put on my jammies and updated my blog, now I am going to go have a nice long nap. ;)

3 comments:

Kenna said...

Thanks for letting us borrow Cameron to feed our animals last night- all our family was gone too and Cameron was the first one I thought of. He's such a good kid!
What are you using to make your calendars? I've started making some in Photoshop but I'm terrible at creating layouts and it takes so long- if you have anything better let me know!

Melanie said...

You can borrow Cameron anytime. ;) I use winkflash to make my calendars, I am lazy one pic per page. I send them to Hank's dads for Christmas. Right now they are 40% off, YEAH!!! I am trying to do more of a collage one for my dad but it is taking FOREVER. Finding the pics and saving them is quite a task. Hopefully, I will get it finished.

Mindy said...

Cameron will have a great time cleaning all that up!
Good luck with your finals. ;)