Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Breaking into the treats
Running away with her treats
Snagging her treats

Giving Gpa Hugs

Mom's cedar chest


Kambrie's trophy shelf




Well, Christmas has come and gone, it always sneaks up on me and the checkbook so quickly. LOL!! Just did some after Christmas calculating, OUCH! All kidding aside it was a very nice Christmas.
Cameron received the goldfinger he wanted for his snowmachine, not that he can ride it right now anyways with a bum shoulder, Playstation game, football dvds, H-packs and tons of clothes. Kambrie received an Ipod which now it is almost impossible to talk to her, without her pulling a plug out and asking "WHAT", webkinz, make-up, boots, a very nice shelf, and a boat load of clothes that I believe have found a home already on her bedroom floor. Hank received the weed sprayer he picked out for himself, some clothes that he desperately needed, a coat, a sportsmans package and an auto kit. I received a very nice frame that I had been eyeballing at Michaels, a clock, a food processor (YAY!), clothes, purse, and a little scrapbook that I might actually do.

We opened gifts at our house bright and early, thanks to Kambrie who is usually never out of bed before noon, today she was up at 7. I can't even get her up at 7 on a school day. Mom, Dad, Marlea, and Ted come over while we opened gifts then they journeyed down to Mindy's. After they were done at Mindy's we all went over to mom's to watch them open gifts. Dad made mom a cedar chest like he did for all of us girls last year. (I LOVE MINE) They are all gorgeous. He built Kambrie a shelf to put all of her trophies on and even wrote on the back of it for her to always keep. He had a set of H-packs made for Cameron, which he is thrilled to have. Dad built Macy and Hallie each an armoire to put their clothes in and the monkey (McKade) was anxiously waiting to see what Grandpa had for him. We all went outside to watch Dad drive the snowmobile out of the shop that he had gotten McKade. It was fun to watch him look it over and realize his name was on the front of it. Grandpa & McKade hopped on to go for a little ride and just about rode right into my van.

Mom had fixed dinner, which was delicious. We ate and enjoyed each others company then we went home for a little bit to have a much needed nap. As Hank had worked until 2 a.m Christmas morning and I stayed up until 5 a.m. trying to put music on Kambrie's Ipod.

Later that evening the kids & I went back to mom & dad's to play games. Hank wasn't feeling well and decided he better stay home, I wish he could have come over but knew he didn't feel well. We had a good evening playing games and visiting. Even Tinkerbelle had a very Merry Christmas, she really like her kitty treats.
The kids were also spoiled with gift cards and cash from Gpa Henry & DeVon, Gpa Dan, Gpa Reynolds & Gma Reynolds. Cameron has already spent his. :)

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Oh, Grandpa Henry & DeVon your gift is on its way.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I remember being like Kambrie -- hanging out a whole world away from the parents and loving it. But I was jacked to have my walkman tape player!!! WOW!! I was cool. But not near as cool as you-- right? I can't believe the girls are old enough for make-up.
Has Cameron worn his shirt from McKade yet? Maybe he could use it during homecoming week? McKade was sure proud of himself. :)
Glad you liked your frame from Michaels. :)
My checkbook is glad Christmas is over. :)
I will have to borrow your kids when I get a backdrop. I am sure Kambrie won't mind.

Melanie said...

No, Cameron forgot his presents over at mom's he has to go back and get them. Cassette player either monster earphones, LOL!!!
I am sure Kambrie won't mind posing for you either. :)