Monday, July 6, 2009

July 1st - July 5th


Kambrie, Ashton, and Haylie
Cameron giving it a go and wake boarding
Kambrie trying to get the $$
Kyson getting some candy.
Kambrie Tumbling


Wednesday, July 1st was a busy day. It began with me taking Hank to work so he could pick up the truck at Gaylon's Autobody since it had been in for some repairs. I then went to Burley to pick up Kambrie from a dance camp she was attending. I studied a little bit for my test while waiting for her. We went home, then I headed off to Pocatello to take HOPEFULLY my last test. The test I think went pretty well but I will not know until August 5th, nothing like taking forever to let people know how they did. After I took my test I stopped at the Goodwill in Pocatello. I have really been on a bargain shopping spree lately. While in Goodwill I picked up Kambrie two Aeropostale T-shirts and a corduroy Abercrombie Jacket (tooooo cute). I also found Cameron an American Eagle shirt and an Abercrombie Polo. I love the Abercrombie shirt, he looked so good in it. On my way home from Pocatello, Ben called me from work to tell me if I had planned on coming in today not to bother since there had been a plane crash close by and it had knocked out the power. I hadn't planned on going in anyways. ;) When I got home I was wiped out so I took a little nap. Not much else happened......

Thursday, July 2nd ~ Kambrie and I got up and cleaned up the house some then I went into work to run payroll. After work I stopped at Mindy's and we took Kambrie and McKade to float the canal. Exciting times, JK. Mindy and I had a good chat then headed home since they were getting ready to head to the cabin.

Friday, July 3rd ~ Hank and I went and picked up some groceries since our cupboards were getting quite bare. I swear Cameron is going to eat me out of house and home. I don't know where he puts it all. While we were in town we swung into the D.I. since I had told Hank they had some good long sleeved work shirts like he uses in there. So we went in and come out with a couple bags full of shirts, work pants and shorts. He found him a pair of Lucky shorts that were actually long enough for him to wear. We came home and put groceries away. He then went to bed since he had to work that night. Kambrie and I went to Denton and Virgins later that evening to celebrate Chris's accomplishment of passing his CPA exam. Later that night Hank called and asked me to bring him a few things he needed to service the truck, so Kambrie and I went to Rupert. After we dropped the funnel and grease gun off to him we went to Walmart to pick up some flowers and clips so we could make those cute flowery hair pieces the girls have been wearing lately. I stayed up waaaaaaaaaayyyy to late making them.

Saturday, July 4th ~ Happy 4th!!!!!!! We started out the morning at the Albion Parade. We sat by Mom, Dad, Jake, Kyson, Bryce, Sarah, and their kids. Kyson had fun getting lots of candy. Kambrie was a part of the Top Flight Tumblers float and tumbled through the parade. After the parade we went to the park where Kambrie was determined to get the $100 at the top of the greased pole. This is the last year she could participate as their is an age limit of 12 years and under. Well, we waited and waited and waited. She never got there, Gunner beat her to it again this year. She did however, end up wit the 2nd $20.00 that was up there. We then headed to the river to play on the water. We had a good afternoon boating with Levi, Lisa, Tucker, Erin, Jason, Athena and all of the kids. Cameron tried his hand at wake boarding, he needs a little more practice and maybe a different board. We BBQ'd hamburgers and hotdogs. Cameron put away a cheeseburger and 4 hotdogs. After we ate we headed home to get a pair of dry clothes and a jacket so we could head up to the Albion fireworks. We watched the fireworks from the Marsh Creek Event center with Mom and Dad. Kambrie was not impressed with the display, she prefers the Burley show better. Oh, well guess maybe next year. ;)

Sunday, July 5th~ Today we went to church, nothing toooo exciting. However, I do admit I love standing in the chapel and listening to the congregation sing the National Anthem. It is just one of those things that gives me goose bumps. After church I went to town with Mom to get Grandpa Fred a birthday cake and card. She and Kambrie took it over to him and wished him a Happy Birthday. I was going to see if they wanted to come over for dinner but Grandma Joyce was going to have a medical procedure done the next day and was on a liquid diet. I was all excited to BBQ my dinner tonight until the rainstorm hit. It is not much fun BBQing in a downpour, but once you have started you can't stop it. Mom and Dad came over for dinner, we had Chipotle Lime Chicken, Teriyaki steak, green salad, grilled pineapple and jello salad. I really liked the chicken. About 10:00 I finally got Grandpa called to wish him a Happy Birthday myself, I had only called there 3 times to do it and forgotten each time. LOL!!

I do enjoy the Fourth of July holiday. It gives me time to think about the many things that I have to be thankful for. I am truly blessed to live in the greatest country in the world. I am thankful for the community I live in and the support they are to me and my family. I am ever more thankful for the freedoms which we all enjoy each and every day.

No comments: