Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 6th - July 11th








Well, another week has come and gone. UGH!

Monday, July 6th ~ Our little 4-H club had a meeting on Monday. Today we did our annual service project of picking up trash through the streets of Declo. We do this to help get ready for the Declo Days Celebration that is held the 2nd Saturday in July. After we were done we stopped at the Country Store where I always get the kids a treat for helping. However, this year Mr. Mayor was leaving the store as we were coming in. He could see what we were doing and offered to pick up the tab. So the kids grabbed a drink and headed home. After 4-H Kambrie and I went home to start packing for Girls Camp. I made a list of a few things she needed then Mindy and I went to town to grab a few things for her and Macy. Later that evening we went and weighed the kids sheep. They are all gaining really well and looking good.

Tuesday, July 7th ~ Today, we had to be at Gina's at 9 a.m. Kambrie is going to girls camp for the first time. I am so sad. It is going to be one long boring week with no one around. After, I dropped Kambrie off I picked up the house then went into work for a few hours. Later that evening Hank and I played Bullseye Washers. Cameron was busy at Whitt's trying to get their trash car cleaned up for the big parade.

Wednesday, July 8th ~ Nothing exciting going on here. Picked up the house, went to work, fixed dinner. Can't think of anything overly exciting that happened. I spent way too many hours on the computer trying to map out a plan for our trip.

Thursday, July 9th ~ I was supposed to have Finley today, but Kodi did not have to work. So I enjoyed a nice quiet day at home, doing the same thing dishes and laundry. Went down to Mindy's for a little while to visit. Had to see what McKade was doing. He is a busy boy. Cameron got off work early and ran off to work on the car some more.

Friday, July 10th ~ Waited for Kambrie to get home from girls camp. She yakked my ear off about girls camp and said she had a good time. I suppose it is safe to say she made it through SURVIVOR. That evening we went up to the Declo Celebration where they were giving wagon rides, had a program, and birthday cake. I had gone up planning on being a spectator but Kim fixed that in a hurry. All of the wagon's had not shown up to give rides so Kim and I busted it out to Denton's to get the Gator and a trailer. Dee come over and threw some straw bales on and away we went. After the wagon rides we went into the auditorium for a little program. We watched a video that Heather had put together that was quite comical. Then there were some more live performances on how Declo got its name. It was nice to see many people out, everyone then went into the cafeteria for cake and ice cream. Again I went in as a spectator and soon found myself helping Chris, Dan, and Byra Lou in the back kitchen putting cake and ice cream on plates. When I got home Hank had the truck ripped apart trying to figure out what was wrong. I went in the house and was kicking back for a bit. I decided to call VerLyn to see if they needed help with anything for the Anthon float. Yep, they did. Their original plan had fallen through now they were trying to put together another float. So I went over and help Kelly and Brett put something together, then Valerie and I took off to WalMart at 12:15 a.m. to get candy and wash Clyde's Jeep. I got home about 1:45 a.m. and crashed.

Saturday, July 11th ~ The big Declo Days Celebration. Kambrie got up and ran the little Hammer Scamper. She got 2nd place, next year she will have to run the bigger race the 5K. We ate breakfast then went home and got ready for the parade. I dropped her off to get on the Anthon float. Then went to help Kim get everyone in place for the parade. The parade was nice, not tooooo long, and not tooooo short. After the parade I ran to town to get parts for the truck before the dealership closed then took them over to Hank. I then went back to the Declo park to see what was going on. We hung out there for a while, didn't win anything as usual. :P Then Kambrie and I went to lunch with Valerie, Chauncey, Mindy and all of the kids. Chaunce says he is going to stop going with us. Toooo many women for him. LOL!! When we got back from Burley we went to float the canal. The kids had fun floating, swimming and dunking each other. I left Kambrie at the canal with Mindy for a bit and went home to start getting things ready to go for our trip. I had gone into WalMart to get groceries when Kim called and asked if I wanted to crash the class of 89's party. So I hurried with my groceries, got home then headed up to Albion. By the time we had gotten there most of them had left but did get to visit with a few of them. It was nice to see them and get caught up a little bit. We then realized Mindy's class was inside having a little reunion there as well so we popped in to say hello. We then headed back home, where as soon as I got home I turned around and headed over to Kelly's for the Anthon get together. Declo Days was fun and it was nice to see family and friends that you don't normally see everyday. Hank got the truck put back together so I guess we are good to go. Another busy week coming up.














No comments: