Monday, November 3, 2008

Last Weeks Happenings




Photoshoot - took over 100 pics and Mindy managed to get 800.


Halloween Dance - Macy, Cache, Kambrie, Sydney

Picture snapped as the boys stood up, too slow to get one of them kneeling down.

Monday, October 27th was like every other Monday with a change of plans thrown in. I went to work for the day then went to Jerome to watch a playoff game between Declo, Glenns Ferry, Valley. Declo did well and ended up 2nd in the conference beating out Valley. As I was sitting there waiting for the playoff to start Declo and Glenns Ferry separated to different ends of the field. When our boys got to the end of the field where Coach Kidd wanted them, they all knelt down, bowed their heads, and offered a prayer. I don't know what was said, but watching from the stands it touched me. I am thankful that our boys are led by coaches that have faith in God and are good role models for them to follow. Mom ended up doing my Monday running around for me as Kambrie had voice lessons and tumbling to go to. She also helped her with her homework before I got home. Couldn't survive w/o mom.

Tuesday, October 28th went to work as usual, ran payroll, then off to Pocatello for class. I was really stressed on my down thinking I had a test that I certainly was not prepared for. I was relieved when I arrived to find out that I had misunderstood when the test was and still have two weeks to prepare. When I got home it was still light enough to take pictures so Mindy and I gathered up the kids and ran down to the school to try and get some pics. We got a few but it was getting dark fast.

Wednesday, October 29th I went to class, then to work. Hank got LUCKY (not) and was called to jury duty. He was going to come out and visit me on his lunch break but had accidentally left the lights on Mater. So he was stuck at the courthouse. He walked over to the little grocery store nearby and grabbed some lunch. After work I hurried home so I could go to Twin w/ Mindy, Mom, and Hallie's friends to go skating at Skateland for Hallie's B-day. The kids had fun and I didn't fall. That was a plus. Trying to keep my balance while I skated was a bit difficult at first but got the hang of it. I still couldn't skate like I could when I was a kid though. LOL!! We went to the park after that and had pizza and cupcakes.

Thursday, October 30th, Today I went to work as usual did the usual keying on bills and answering phones. Today was also Marlea's b-day the big 30. After school was out Mom, Gma, Marlea, McKade & I went to the DI. Everyone found some MARVELOUS treasures, LOL!! McKade was funny he was over by the books w/ Marlea and me. He picks up a book and says "this is a good cookbook uh, Diffy." Marlea tells him it is a computer book. McKade then says "My gonna get it for my mom." Marlea explains to him that it is an old computer book that she would not be able to use. Well, his mind was a racing because somebody was going to be able to use this book. He goes over to Gma Joyce and tells her that she could get this computer book and read it then she would never have to call his mom again to come help her with the computer. She came over and asked us if we had put him up to it. No, Gma he thought of that one all on his own. Later that evening we went over to mom & dad's for rootbeer floats. When we got home we finished up homework, then the drama began Halloween costumes for the dance the next day.

Friday, October 31 Nothing exciting in the A.M. just work. After work I stopped at the school to see how the big dance was going. Then I went over to mom's classroom for a little bit. After I had all that I could take at mother's classroom, which wasn't much I went back to the Jr. High to pick up Kambrie. Tonight would be a busy night we went to the Trunk or Treat at the church for a little bit. Kambrie stayed w/ Mindy and went to do a little Trick or Treating, I went up to the ballgame to watch Declo play Malad. We won, Yeah!!!

Saturday, November 1st We got up Saturday morning and went into Kambrie's tumbling practice, stopped at Pine Tree Sports to look at coats. Of course, Cameron couldn't wait for a new coat so he and Kambrie purchased themselves coats. I was trying to hold out for Kambrie's b-day or Christmas but in place of a coat now I guess they will get cash. It all comes out the same I suppose. That afternoon Mindy and I attempted to get a pic of all 5 of the kids together. I swear the older ones were worse than the five year old that was trying to bribe his way to get two webkinz instead of one. We tortured the kids for about 3 hours. Later that night Kim, Chris, Shawn, Cindy, Hank & I went up to the Haunted Mansion in Albion. We had dinner at Kim's before heading up to get spooked. We had a good time exploring the old Albion campus.

Sunday, November 2nd We went to church it was fast Sunday, I enjoy listening to the testimonies. One little boy went on how much he appreciated his mom and dad. He said if it wasn't for them he probably wouldn't be here. LOL!! After church we went home, Cameron went to go help Gpa Fred and to clean the offices. Kambrie & I kicked back and had a nap. Picked up the house and did a little laundry. Fixed dinner, watched the tube and called it a night.

1 comment:

Mindy Vail Photography said...

Thanks for sharing the DI story. I will copy and paste it into my journal that I keep. :) And thanks for taking McKade to the DI. You were quite the rollerskater back in your younger days. :) We used to rock the carport and cabana. Those were the good ol' days.
You have some nice pictures from our little outing. i wonder if i will ever get them edited. My i doesn't want to capitalize, so i am not going to argue with it.
See ya later. Get studying for that Hunter's Ed test!