Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week






Well, once again I am going to pick my brain to see what I can remember from last week. I know these post get kind of long but it is easier for me to post a good long post for the week as to little ones throughout the week. Plus, it works my brain REALLY hard trying to remember the things from last week. So here goes.

Monday, I went to work as usual but today was a little different than the other days. I went to Stokes to pick up the turkeys for all of the employees and handed them out at lunch time. I always have fun handing out turkeys to them, it is one of the ways Cooper's tells their employees thanks for all they do.

Tuesday, today I ran payroll and worked a little later than normal since I did not have to go to Pocatello for class today, YEAH!!! Instead I got to spend the afternoon in the Dr. Crane's office with Cameron. He hurt his shoulder in AG class, he did not know for sure what was wrong but had a sharp pain run from his hand clear up his neck. The Dr. looked at him and figured he had torn or ripped the ligaments in his shoulder. So he is wearing a brace for the next 3 weeks, which means no wrestling either for a while. Being it is the week of Thanksgiving I am thankful he was not seriously injured.
Wednesday, um not remembering much. The kids got out of school early and being the good little darlings they are they had cleaned the house up before I got home. Something else I am thankful for is there willingness to help out around the house.

Thursday, today is the day of Thanksgiving. We had dinner over at mom's which I am thankful to spend the day with family. After we ate I took dinner over to Hank, he ended up working this Thanksgiving. I sat with him for a little bit and visited, he had work to finish up so I went back to Declo. Everybody was up on the hill shooting trap, so Kambrie and I went up to watch. I didn't think she would be able to shoot, but she wanted to give it a try. She ended up hitting the pigeon on her first shot. LOL!! After a few more shots her arm started to hurt so she rested for a little bit. After we shot trap we went back to mom's and played games. McKade ended up winning in crap on your neighbor, it had come down to him and Grandpa Rod. He was tickled pink to beat him. When games were over we tried to map out our shopping strategies for the next day.

Friday, around 1:30 am I received a text from Marlea. I am in line at Best Buy. I was like WHAT??????? We weren't leaving until 3:30, she had decided to go earlier. The rest of us rode down with Val & Gma. They dropped me off at Best Buy and they went over to Shopko. We shopped until we could shop no more. Mother caused some sort of ruckus at Shopko, as their was a lady back in the toy department talking to another lady, asking if she had seen the lady that couldn't see over her shopping cart over in the electronics department. I knew they were talking about mother, because when I got their she was letting one of the employees have it.
Later, that evening we went over to the square to watch Santa light up the square, then we all went to pizza. All of the girls spent the night at my house, I hope and think they had a good time.

Saturday, we didn't do too much today still trying to recover from Black Friday. Val & I dropped Kambrie, Macy, and Shannon off at Twilight, then we went and did a little shopping. We looked around at Honk's, Walmart, and Penney's. Later that evening we decided it was time for some adult time away from the kidlets. Scott, Mindy, Val, Chauncey, Hank & I went to see Four Christmases. It was nice to get out and enjoy a good laugh.

Sunday, today we went to church. Cameron had to give a talk on honesty. He did a good job. After church we went to Grandma's to mooch some leftovers then I went home so I could have a nap.
I have so many things to be thankful for I don't think I can get them all put into thoughts and words. I am thankful for the community in which I live and the people that make it a great place to live. I am thankful for a loving family that loves me unconditionally despite my many faults. I am thankful for a kind and loving husband that works hard so we can have a nice home and enjoy the many things we do. I am thankful for good kids that are willing to help out and for the strength and love they give to me.





3 comments:

Mindy said...

I would love to see more of the game playing pictures. :) Have you uploaded them? I uploaded a cute one of you and Kambrie when we were shooting. :)

Covered In Crafts said...

Great pictures!

Mindy said...

Fab make over lady..... You could fix mine too!! Your blog looks nice!