Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last Weeks Happenings......





Monday I can't remember much other than the usual. Went to work ran Kambrie to tumbling & voice lessons.
Tuesday was election day. Hank & I went to the school to vote Tuesday morning, I am glad we went when we did. We had just gotten finished voting when Mr. Bott came to do the days annoucements, he welcomed the students and the voters. He then asked everyone to join him in the Pledge of Allegiance. It was kind of an awesome experience to be there in the foyer with several other voters exercising our right to vote. There were two high school girls there as well and they must have been in a hurry to get somewhere because they were trying to hurry the Pledge along, which I did find kind of sad that they were lacking in the respect department. Later that night I went with Kim into the Republican "Party" in at the Burley Inn, not much a party was going on. Kim and I walked in just as they had announced that Barrack Obama had won the election. I wasn't pulling for him but it does mark an important day in history as our first elected African/American President. I can only hope that he will be given the strength and guidance needed to lead our country. I hope the American public will give him the respect and courtesy that should be shown to the leaders of our country. The last few years have really bothered me with the way the media and the people show such little respect for President Bush. Yes, sure there are somethings I don't agree with but I think the leaders of our country deserve more respect than what they have been shown.
Wednesday - Went to work as usual. That evening I took Kambrie and some friends to the play "The Nerd" put on by Declo High School. It was a cute play, but I don't know if I can do it two nights in a row.
Thursday - Work as usual. Kambrie wants to go see the play one more time with the other cast members playing in it tonight. Tonights play was much funnier than last nights. The students did a good job.
Friday - I don't remember much about Friday. I might need some Gingko Biloba or something to help me remember. LOL!
Saturday - Well, it was a loooooonnnnnggg day. I had to be in Pocatello for a study session at 9:00 so there I was allllllllllll day long. After the study session I hung around Poky for a little bit until it was game time. Declo played West Jefferson in the quarter finals for state. We ended up winning 34 to 6. So, we get to go back again next week. We will play Nampa Christian at 3:30 at
Holt arena, then we have to bust it back for Kambrie's half time performance at 7:30. YIKES!!
Sunday - Sunday was a peaceful Sunday. Went to church watched the primary program, came home, ate, kicked back for a little bit, then it was time to get going on homework. Kambrie and Hank studied for her Hunters Ed test (which she passed, thank goodness). Cameron wrote his paper on the Crucible, I did my reading interview and my dear sweet mother helped me get my journal entry done for the week. THANKS, MOM!



2 comments:

The Brack's said...

I love your background...where did you get it. I am always looking for new places that have good backgrounds!

Melanie said...

I found it on the cutestblogontheblock.com there should be a box in the top left corner of my blog, click it and it will take you there.