Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Weeks Happenings







It is time to pick my brain and remember what I did or accomplished last week. Probably won't be much accomplished or remembered. LOL!!

Monday - Work as usual, took Kambrie to gym and voice lessons. Can't remember much else.

Tuesday - Work then I took off to Poky for class. When I arrived at class I was surprised to find out we had a test, this was part of the test last week that she did not give to us. I must have been out to lunch when she discussed it because I don't remember it at all. Arrived home everything else that evening is a blurr.

Wednesday - Ummmm.......... It was hump day which is always a good thing. Worked, came home. I think Hank fixed dinner tonight, helped Kambrie w/ homework then studied for my ICLA test on Thursday.

Thursday - Today I went to work nothing too exciting there. After work I went to the Pep Assemebly for the football players. It was fun the cheerleaders had tried to gather up some of the players mothers for a trick to play on the boys. All of the players were blindfolded and they were told that they were going to be kissed by one of the cheerleaders and they had to guess which one it was. Well, of course they were not the ones kissing the boys the mothers came out and lined up across from their son and kissed them when Mrs. Kidd told them to kiss the boys. It was fun, Cameron was funny to watch but it didn't take long for him to figure it out. The students got a kick out of it. Coach Kidd gave a good little pep talk then the whole student body lined up the street to send them off. The Junior High and Grade School students were lined up on the street as well. The fire trucks led them out of town honking their horn as they drove through town. After the assembly Joelle and I went out to do our visiting teaching. I then headed out for Twin Falls to take my ICLA's, my brain was fried after taking three exams. I hope that I did well, but I do not think I did very well on Standard I. I wasn't really prepared for it and was going to take it Saturday morning but she said we could take it tonight if we wanted. So I took it because I wouldn't have much time to study for it anyways.

Friday - Friday was a fun and exciting day, We went to Boise to watch our boys playoff in the State Championship game. Before we left Kambrie, Sydney and Macy decorated my van for the game. I think the whole town of Declo was there. Dan and Levi went down to watch as well. This was the first time Declo had ever made it this far. It was a GREAT game, not only was the game great but it was awesome to see the love and support that the community has for our schools, our coaches, our teams, and our youth. The game was intense as it went into overtime. We ended up losing to Parma 29 to 28 Declo. It was sad to lose, but not is lost as I think our team learned some very valuable lessons throughout the season. I am thankful to the coaches for being the leaders and role models that they are for our young men. When the game was over we went out to dinner with the whole family at Red Robin, it was fun and we enjoyed each others company.

Saturday - I slept in a little bit, did some house work, then went and got a few groceries. Not a whole lot going on which is nice for a change.

Sunday - Today we got up and went to church. I enjoyed going to church today and listening to the lessons. Terri gave a lesson on reverence during the Sacrament, she did a very good job and gave me a little something more to work on. Kelly gave a great lesson in Sunday School as usual, I really do enjoy the lessons he prepares. He relates them to real life experiences that we have today that we can all relate too. After church Cameron decided that it was time for Clark Griswold to visit our house so he spent the day decorating the outside which I do REALLY appreciate. I fixed dinner, sent Hank off to work and went for a walk with mom and Mindy.

No comments: