Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 55th birthday. I just want to say how much I appreciate all he has done and still continues to do for me each and everyday. I know I can always count on him. I appreciate the awesome grandfather he is to my children and truly appreciate the great relationship he has with them. (Anyone that knows me very well, knows that I am bawling my eyes out as I try to type). So instead I have created a video it mainly has pics of the grandkids but dad is behind everyone of them in some way, watching, supporting, and participating. I struggled trying to find just the right music that could say it all, don't know that I got it just right but I think I am close.

This is my now, made me think of when I was a kid and now as my kids grow up the moments we experience. Some big, some small, no matter what we are doing Dad is always there to support us.

This is my now
And I am breathing in the moment
As I look around
I can't believe the love I see
My fears behind me
Gone are the shadows and doubt
That was then
This is my now


And the next song There's a Hero, I think explains itself pretty easily.
There is a hero in everybody's heart. Dad is a hero in our hearts.

Happy Birthday, Love you.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice job. Love the last picture. :) I am sure Dad will love it.

The Brack's said...

Happy birthday Rod! The is so sweet...aren't dads the best!

Mindy said...

That is too sweet!! Who could resist those two singing to ya?